Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Where were you seven years ago, today? I remember so much about September 11, 2001. It was just a regular day of appointments, errands, cleaning house and carrying on with the normal pace of life. I was enjoying the early stages of my first pregnancy and basked in the glow of anticipation. Hubby caught the news story first, then I walked in and saw the twin towers burning on the screen. To say that I was worried, afraid, overwhelmed, sad, upset, confused, and incredibly angry is to put it mildly.

America as we knew it was changed in an instant.

Chapel Avenue - Cherry Hill, NJ


But, there is one thing I know..that will NEVER change. God is in control! He cares about every single detail of our lives and we need not ever worry about tomorrow and what it brings. This is a truth that I rest in, each and every day. And for that, I am forever thankful.

"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence,
The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13:5-6

3 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

It is amazing how we remember every detail of that horrific day. And you are so right about how we can put our faith in God's love for us. Have a terrific safe day!

duchess said...

I remember that morning very well...I was at home with my daughter, then a baby while my hubby took our son to preschool. I always watch news programs in the morning so I was already watching the Today Show when they started reporting about the first plane. I saw the second one as it happened and just couldn't believe everything as the day unfolded.

I pray we are never invaded like that again.
Thanks for remembering.

Unknown said...

Hi Sassy,
I won't ever forget the details of that day either. And as Americans, we don't need to let the memory become dim and become complacent.

I really like the look of your blog...I'm gonna add you to my blogroll and to google reader.

Thanks for the visits and comments.
Diane

~ Humility ~

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore,
To wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,
And when I am blamed or despised;
it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father
in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all
around and about is trouble.