Monday, September 29, 2008

A little bit of Faith...

Happy Monday Ya'll!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I drove down to my old stomping grounds in Dallas to visit one of my sweet friends, Faith. This gal is one of my treasured friends - such a blessing to me! After a season of heartache and pain, God brought a wonderful man into her life and they are going to get married next month. She has such an incredible story of strength and hope in the Lord and all that He has been so faithful to bring her through. Her girlfriends gave her a lingerie shower - complete with a full authentic Italian meal and lots of beautiful gifts and laughter! We all had a great time.


Isn't she gorgeous?



These have got to be the cutest little dessert cakes I have ever seen! They are little fancy bras. One cup is vanilla and one cup is chocolate. They were absolutely delicious, too!


The 3 amigos. These are the hostesses with Faith - Deb and Tessie. All three of these women are some of the most talented ladies I have ever met. Faith is a professional make-up artist, and Tessie and Deb are interior designers. D and T cooked all day to prepare for this shower and everyone raved over the food!


I just had to show ya'll a pic of Deb's entry way ceiling and light. Deb's house really shows her talent. I couldn't get a good angle on the light fixture, but it's gorgeous! Peeking out of the top of the light, are some bronze bunnies...you can just see the tops of their ears. This is a designer fixture and was really expensive, but Deb got a steal on it. Did you notice the fauxed ceiling?


I'll be back tomorrow with a few more picks and my menu plan for the week...I've got a lot of catching up to do!

5 comments:

shell said...

Great to see you today girl! Also saw that there is a neighborhood Garage Sale this weekend...I will email you!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun! Love showers and that dessert is great and so creative! Much happiness and memories on her future marriage!-Sandy toes

ellen said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to recharge. I am so envious! Any shopping???

cotedetexas said...

Hi - aw - looks like you had a great time!

thanks for your sweet comment!!!

Joni

Glitter & Bliss said...

I'm so glad you had fun my friend. It looks like you have wonderful friends back in Texas. Yes, we do need to do coffee. I promise...it will happen. I will email....... Thanks for always leaving your sweet comments on my blog. You are my biggest fan. (hugs)

~ Humility ~

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore,
To wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,
And when I am blamed or despised;
it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father
in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all
around and about is trouble.