Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two Days and Counting...

Today is Meet the Teacher. I have a ton of emotions going on right now - nervous, excited, happy and sad. Sad that summer is over and another year is starting - in 2 days! Where did the time go? I am very excited that we now have a whole year to spend with B's classmates and teacher as opposed to last year when we came into to the school with about 2 months left before summer. As it turns out, B got an excellent teacher - praise God! I prayed and prayed that He would get someone good and God did it....better than I could have imagined. He also has Miss C in his class, too, which is very exciting. It is so nice for him to already know someone and Miss C is the cutest little girl you have ever laid eyes on. C is the sister of darling boy B, who called K a "carrot" (but, we won't hold that against her).

My dishwasher is on the brink. I loaded the entire thing last night, started it and then drip, drip, drip - all over the floor. This is a Bosch dishwasher - a Bosch! What happened to really good brands lasting forever? I am going to spend a good while today unloading all the dirty dishes and washing everything by hand. I don't have a clue what people did before dishwashers were the norm in kitchens. So.not.fun..


Love me some olympics! I have been soo tired that I haven't been watching each night, but I love me some Michael Phelps, ya'll! This kid is awesome! And, what about that 41 yr old hottie Dara Torres? Are you kidding me? She looks better than half the people I know. This is her 5th Olympic Games - so inspiring!









I have also got to catch up on the women's gymnastics. They are such the competitors .








2 comments:

ellen said...

I can't believe we got the same teacher... Praise God! And sitting right across from each other! This is going to be a great year...

Centsible Mommy said...

Hi

Thanks for stopping by and entering my b. happy bag giveaway! Good luck!

Quality products seem to be rare these days. I had 2 name brand refrigerators in the last 6 years that just stopped working! ANd the racks i my dishwaser are falling apart after just a few years. Now I buy the extended warranties on all my appliances as they never seem to make it to the 5 year mark anymore! My grandmother had the same refrigerator for like 25 + years...they must not make them like they used to.

Hope the dishwasher situation works out for you!

~ Humility ~

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore,
To wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,
And when I am blamed or despised;
it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father
in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all
around and about is trouble.