Friday, August 22, 2008

Foodie Friday

I am totally immersing myself into becoming Miss Suzy Homemaker.
The cooking part ain't going so well (did I just say ain't?). Case in point. I made beans and cornbread last night. It's a southern staple ya'll and very easy. However, if you fail to notice little annoyances such as expiration dates ...your children will be asking you why there's a certain volcanic opening in the middle. Not pretty.






See that little date? I'd say I was about 3 years too late on this one.






I made Mexican Lasagna on Monday night. Ya'll this stuff will make you wanna slap your momma! Delicious! There's a lot of prep work involved, but it turned out really well and made a ton!













I love this little cookbook. It's got tons of fun recipes from the Junior League of North Harris County. Isn't that a fun title? Junior League cookbooks are the greatest!














Step away from the honey bunnies! These are soo addictive ya'll. And I love that they are organic - none of that high fructose corn syrup in these suckers. Such a tasty treat! You can find these at Target. Trust me, your kids will heart these.
















1 comment:

Karin said...

I make red beans and rice instead of cornbread- I guess from living in Shreveport for so many years. Good stuff!

~ Humility ~

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore,
To wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,
And when I am blamed or despised;
it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father
in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all
around and about is trouble.