Friday, October 24, 2008

Tagalicious! (and a few awards)


Happy, Happy Friday!
Can ya'll tell I'm happy it's Friday? Yes, ma'am I am!!

I've been tagged.... by Miss Sandy Toes herself.

Honestly, I don't live an incredibly fascinating life, ya'll. However, I am NEVER bored, that's for sure!

I am usually out of bed by 7 am - sometimes earlier, as hubby is up and out the door by 6:30 am. I so wish that I would just get my big-self out of bed by 6:30 - I could accomplish so much more in the quiet part of the day! (not to mention, eat breakfast with my man) I throw some resemblance of clothing on and off I go. Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't fuss too much with make-up. The best I do usually is getting my teeth brushed and hair combed for the day. I am always in awe of women that get dressed and have their faces on by 8 am - especially with little kiddos at their feet.

I make my bed EVERY DAY! I used to never really care about doing it, but I do now. It is a necessity. Then, I usually have my quiet time with the Lord. It is also a necessity for me - makes my day go so much better!

Around 7:45 am, it's wake-up time for the boys. Here in OK, school doesn't start for the elementary kiddos until 8:50 - LOVE it!! I think it's wonderful for them to have a little extra time in the mornings. I make sure they are getting their beds made, and clothes on and then I head to the kitchen to start breakfast. Once that is under way, I finish lunches. I usually make the boys' lunch the night before, all but their sandwiches. My 4 yr old has MDO on Tu and Th, so he doesn't go everyday.

B is on the bus by 8:30, then I usually get my eggs made (I have eggs nearly every single morning) and finally eat. My daughter is usually up by now, eating and dressed.

I check my list of things to accomplish for the day and away we go! Errands, laundry, play dates, cleaning, whatever. I love mornings - such a fresh start. Sometimes I go ahead and start dinner - especially, if it's a crock pot meal. Meal planning is wonderful! I used to wait till 5:30 to finally figure out what we were going to have for dinner and it never really worked well for my family.

K is usually napping by 11:30. This gives me a little chance to jump on the phone or whatever I need to do with a little bit of quiet.

Lunch time is fun - L requests the same exact thing for lunch everyday. You guessed it - PB&J. He loves them....with a few chips and grapes. K usually eats the same thing. No complaints here - it's super easy!

I used to go to the gym every morning, but have gotten into the practice of going around 1:30 or 2 - early afternoon. I love this time - not many people there and it is pretty quiet. It definitely helps to break up my day.

B (my first-grader) is home by 3:50. We have a snack and talk about his day. Sometimes, we go ahead and get homework out of the way, if he comes home with some. K usually naps again - about 4 pm. If I have an easy recipe for dinner, this is the time I like to fix it.

Dinner time is usually around 6 pm. I have lots of hungry birdies looking my way for food around 5:30, so we try to eat pretty early.

After a little kitchen clean-up, it's off to read, do homework and then baths.

Bedtime is around 8 - 8:30 and then it's quiet again! Whew!

I can then do a few more chores - finish laundry, possibly work on a few crafty things (I'm not all that crafty, really) that you bloggers have inspired me to do, fix lunches, read emails and my facebook page. I might catch some tv, but it is so hard for me to sit down to watch it. Every night, I make my list of things to do the next day. It keeps me on track!

Bedtime is by 11:30 - I have to have my sleep. I have always been a girl that needed at least 8 hours, or I can be a booger-bear to live with!

Let's see....I tag:

The Daily Adventures of Four Ed's


I have been incredibly behind on posting the sweet awards that have been handed my way - thanks to each and everyone of you for these!

I received this from Sandra at Canyon Wren Cottage a few weeks ago. Thank you Sandra!


Here are the rules:
1. You may choose five people/blogs to give the award to.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be a new follower of your blog or live in another part of the world.
I am going to cheat a little bit and pass this on to real-life friends. You ladies rock!

I also got this one from my sweet friend Duchess. Thank you!

This goes to a few ladies that inspire me in so many ways....whether spiritually, crafty, homemaking, or just plain fun - I love to read them all!
Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thank you for the blog award..how sweet! What a busy day you have...much like mine...it's amazing how the day flies by and then you are doing it again the next day!
-Sandy Toes

PAT said...

Congratulations on your awards and I loved reading about your day!

Have a wonderful weekend.

PAT said...

Congratulations on your awards and I loved reading about your day!

Have a wonderful weekend.

duchess said...

Thanks for the tag - I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Hope you're having a good weekend.

Glitter & Bliss said...

Thank you for this sweet award. You are so super sweet. I will now attemp to get it on my blog...
We need to pick a day to get together...I have goodies for you. :)

ellen said...

Thank you sweet friend! You are so productive...reading your day in the life post makes me realize just how lazy I am! I couldn't possibly do a post like that or my husband would fire me!

Ashley said...

YOu are so sweet!!! my cable and internet has been down for a little bit and today i was swamped getting ready for the party so i didnt have much time at all during the day to check my blog. just check the comments that is all.

I am going to post this right now!!!

Denise said...

thank you for the sweet compliment, and award!

your blog is refreshing and inspiring.

btw- i totally forwarded the comic strip (too funny) to a few folks.
we all got a kick out of it!

~ Humility ~

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore,
To wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,
And when I am blamed or despised;
it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father
in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all
around and about is trouble.