Monday, October 20, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!



It's Monday, ya'll! Hope your day is going well!





This week's menu:
MONDAY: chicken burgers on the grill
TUESDAY: tacos/burritos
WEDNESDAY: Shepherd's Pie
THURSDAY: Crockpot chili and homemade cornbread
FRIDAY: homemade pizza

We had a wonderful time this weekend - it was a quick trip to Dallas, but so nice for just the two of us! Everywhere we ate, we asked to sit away from children. Doesn't that sound terrible? We love our children and know exactly how it feels when kids are acting like monkeys at restaurants. We sometimes don't bother going out with the kids, because we feel like our 18 month old can really cause a scene. It is so not like us to really care where we sit. But, this weekend was the exception - we really wanted our quiet, couple time - and on several occasions, we asked to move to a different table. It actually was really nice!


The wedding was beautiful - very simple, yet incredibly touching. Hubby had to take this picture from his seat as we didn't want to disturb the wedding photographer. Aren't they a gorgeous couple? I am so happy for them!

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Stansky!



7 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you had some "you" time! Maybe next time....
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Shell in your Pocket said...

What beautiful pictures! I am with you girl! When I am out with my husband alone...no kids near me...I don't even want to hear them...hee hee!

-Sandy toes

Ashley said...

i know EXACTLY how you feel. i love my kids to death... but i also love my hubby and our time alone, which doesn't happen as often as i would like.

the wedding looks like it was beautiful. best wishes to them.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I just love shepherd pie! Beautiful wedding picture.

Glitter & Bliss said...

You are always on the go girl. So glad you had a good trip to BIG "D".

Denise said...

when our kids were younger and we got time away, and the rare dinner out, we ALWAYS asked to sit away from children (why does it seem they always seat you next to the children)!
i just needed to be in adultville for a while.

April said...

I love the hair in that pic of the bride! SO pretty yet classy/casual. Way cute.

~ Humility ~

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble.
It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore,
To wonder at nothing that is done to me,
to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,
And when I am blamed or despised;
it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father
in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all
around and about is trouble.